The core function of Always Available™ technology is to enable all your transactions, data exchanges, and other network activities to occur equally and simultaneously on multiple secure application servers separated by hundreds of miles. In IT parlance, all servers are "hot" and all are "active." There is no server hierarchy, and consequently no single point of failure.
If one application server, data center, virtualized environment, or cloud suffers from a disaster, all activities continue uninterrupted on the others. There is no need for failover or recovery because continuity is maintained.
Here's What Happens
1. Server calls are originated by networked clients: computers, email, PDAs, phones, business software, databases, etc.
2. Each transaction passes through the ZeroNines Smart Switch Nodes, which route it simultaneously to all application servers in a one-to-many (1:m) session.
3. Processing and storage take place equally on all servers. There are no primary or secondary servers. All servers are "hot" and all applications are "active."
4. All transactions and data exchanges are recorded, verified, and subjected to security measures.
5. Each application server sends its response back through the Smart Switch Nodes.
6. The Smart Switch Nodes cooperatively eliminate duplicate responses and return a single response to the client that originated it.
Safeguards are in place for guaranteed message delivery, data authorization, journaling, and synchronization to make sure that every transaction is secured, translated, completed, recorded, and communicated to the other servers. If one application server goes offline, the Journaling feature and Smart Switch Nodes automatically update it once it comes back on line, bringing it to the same level of preparedness as the other servers.
Always Available architecture is application, OS, and platform agnostic, accommodating your existing equipment. You can mix and match old and new hardware and operating systems, even from different vendors, without compromising Always Available integrity.
The ZeroNines Always Available architecture natively supports HTTP, POP3, and SMTP protocols. A protocol interface development kit enables easy creation of interfaces for applications that use other protocols.
Geographic dispersal of data centers means that it is highly improbable that any two data centers will be affected by the same disaster. Patented Always Available technology enables separation by thousands of miles. This gives far greater safety than standard disaster recovery technologies which require data centers and their recovery equipment to be only a few miles apart, leaving them vulnerable to the same storm, flood, earthquake, or other disaster.